Paul Equi has re-opened the former Velvet Appetite in Glasgow’s West Nile Street as a seafood and fish restaurant called The Market Kitchen. Velvet Appetite originally opened in the middle of 2014 as a burger restaurant, but closed six months later, for a month while the restaurant was remodelled. Manager Ricardo De Olivier, told DRAM, “It wasn’t working as a burger bar, there are already three or four burger bars in the area so we refocused.” Meanwhile Darren Scott has taken over the lease of Central Market in Glasgow’s Merchant City. The restaurant was opened by David Leishman just over two years ago.
- Greene Kings £5m volt investment
- The Nutcracker comes to the Duck & Waffle
- Three Thistles to sell pub business with all seven pubs going on the market
- The Mill House in Stewarton gets a makeover and new menu
- Sue Says… is Scottish hospitality being thrown under the bus or is the Scottish Government listening?