Edrington Chief Executive Ian Curle explained, “Glasgow is where it all started for our founders William Robertson and John Baxter in 1861.” He added, “Bringing together our essential HQ functions in a new central Glasgow location will help us to continue to compete successfully in a tough global market and to capitalise on what we see as positive long-term prospects for the industry.“This development will not only secure our position as one of Scotland’s leading businesses, but also help us to continue investing in our premium brands at home and abroad, which in turn contributes to the on-going success of Scotch whisky, Scottish exports and the Scottish economy.”
The offices at West Kinfauns were opened in 1996 three years before the acquisition of Matthew Gloag, the original company behind The Famous Grouse, which was first blended in Perth.
It is believed around 13 out of 103 jobs at West Kinfauns were to be made redundant. A consultation process is now underway with the remainder of the staff being offered redeployment in Glasgow.
The new HQ is expected to accommodate around 130 staff encompassing Edrington’s Executive Board, business units, finance, legal, corporate affairs, HR, global operations leadership, and elements of IT.