The Wine Spa on Broughty Ferry’s Fort Street is the town’s smallest bar, according to licensee John Black. But, according to John, who also owns the nearby Fort Hotel, this bijou bar was a disproportionately large two-and-a-half years in the making. He explained, “It was a former two-bedroom cottage that I’d had for a while that is under the same ‘hood’ (roof) as The Fort, just two blocks away. The planning permission was granted fairly swiftly but the building regulations held up the process quite significantly because it was considered a new build and at one point they wanted us to install a lift, but we were able to install a disabled toilet instead.” Despite their close proximity and being sister premises, The Wine Spa is attracting a whole different type of clientele to the The Fort’s. Said John,“The interior has been decked out in gold, with much attention to detail, and is very blingy, so instead of guys and hen parties like in The Fort, we’re getting mostly ladies and couples in The Wine Spa. It’s basically like a restaurant but with no food.”
- The Nutcracker comes to the Duck & Waffle
- Three Thistles to sell pub business with all seven pubs going on the market
- The Mill House in Stewarton gets a makeover and new menu
- Sue Says… is Scottish hospitality being thrown under the bus or is the Scottish Government listening?
- 12 Cocktails of Christmas – Part 2