The achievements of top Scottish licensees were celebrated at Star Pubs & Bars’ annual Star Awards. The awards were the biggest ever held by the company reflecting its enlarged UK estate of 2,700 pubs, which includes 270 pubs in Scotland.
Representatives from 90 finalist pubs attended the ceremony, which was hosted at The Belfry resort in Sutton Coldfield.
Licensees who came out on top in Scotland and were also national finalists included:
- Celeste McGinn, Denholms, Glasgow – Best Bar Team
- Steve and Hazel Latto, The Criterion, St Andrews – Pint Perfection
- Joanna and Chris Pauley and Joe Humphrey, The Ox, Edinburgh – Famous for Food
- Craig Speirs, The Electric Bar, Motherwell – Heart of the Community
- Brian Caithness, The Tipsy Ghillie, Kelso – Best Newcomer
- Paul McDonagh, Bon Accord, Glasgow – Best Spirits
- James and Louise Rusk, The Butchershop Bar & Grill, Glasgow – Best Wine
- Nick Livingstone, 7 Saints, Prestwick – Marketing Award
Says Star Pubs & Bar managing director, Lawson Mountstevens, “This was a special year for the Star Awards as it was also the first anniversary of our acquisition of 1,900 pubs from Punch Taverns. It has been fantastic to have so many great operators join Star Pubs & Bars and to see so many of them represented at the Star Awards; the increased numbers took the level of competition up a notch. If the Star Awards is anything to go by, the standard of talent in the leased and tenanted sector is at an