Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Rye has announced the ten finalists of the Scottish Edition of its Tennessee Rivals cocktail competition that takes place at SWG3’s Acid Bar, Glasgow, on 8th July.
Having initially submitted their Rye twist on a classic highball serve at the regional competition in Manchester in March, each finalist now has the job of promoting their acclaimed cocktail in the lead up to the final – supporting the wider consumer education piece around Rye and its key serves.
Those shortlisted will be offered free training sessions with UK Brand Ambassador, Cam Dawson, as they perfect their second serve in the lead up to the final. At the final itself, each bartender will present their cocktail to the three judges – Cam Dawson, Mike McGinty Bacardi Brown Forman Trade Ambassador Scotland – and Becky Maddison – Brown Forman Super Premium Whiskies Senior Brand Manager – showcasing their creativity and skill through a maximum of six ingredients and minimum 25ml.
The winner will be awarded with a trip for two to Nashville Tennessee, including a tour of the Jack Daniel Distillery where they will learn first-hand how this very special liquid is made.
Commenting on the forthcoming final, Becky Maddison said, “Scotland’s bar scene is one of the most exciting in the country, and we anticipate the Scottish Final being a close contest! We’re looking forward to seeing how these talented finalists use their imagination to help bolster the Rye category, with standout cocktails.”
The Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Rye Competition 2019 Finalists:
- Aberdeen: Daniel Elphinstone of Orchid Aberdeen
- Dundee: Amy Carmichael of The King of Islington
- Edinburgh: Bradley Osborn of Hoot The Redeemer
- Edinburgh: Conor Drake of Panda & Sons
- Edinburgh: Joe Cobbe of The Register Club
- Edinburgh: Murdo Maclever of Tigerlily
- Glasgow: Jehad Hatu of Grunting Growler
- Glasgow: Liam Grogan of Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn
- Glasgow: Liam Scott of The Corinthian Club
- Gleneagles: Gordon Rerink of American Bar
- Wildcard – Aberdeen: Ross Fraser of Siberia Bar