New King and Queen of The Castle

castle

In the past few months, it was sold, closed and even destined to become a fish and chip shop. But the Castle Restaurant has returned to Castle Street, Inverness, this month after husband and wife team Richard and Lorraine Comfort, owners of Comfort Foods on the city’s Church Street, purchased the business.

They also used to own and run The Castle Hotel in Portmahomack and The Station Hotel in Avoch. Lorraine told DRAM, “We’ve given the place a mini-refurbishment and we are opening with the same menu and bringing back two of the original chefs so that we can reinstate all the old customers’ favourites – like crinkle-cut chips.”

The Castle Restaurant was opened by Brian Lipton in 1959 but closed its doors last month after being put up for sale in July this year.

Share:

Category: Editors' Picks, News
Tags:

Contact us

Upper Floor Finnieston House 1 The Stables Yard 1103 Argyle Street Glasgow G3 8ND
0141 221 6965

Social

Menu