1802 at Hutchesons’ Hall, a new bar and restaurant from Marco Lazzurri who also owns Tabac and Devil of Brooklyn in Glasgow’s city centre, opened its doors to the public at the weekend in advance of the restaurant opening in a few weeks time.
The name gives homage to the grade A listed building in the Merchant City which was built as Hutchesons’ Hospital between 1802 and 1805 to a design by the Scottish architect David Hamilton, who has been called the “father of the profession” in Glasgow. More recently it had undergone a £1.5m transformation when James Rusk took it over in 2014 to create the bar and restaurant known as Hutchesons Hall which closed during the pandemic.
The new venue has undergone months of renovation overseen by General Manger Alexander Martin. Like its sister venues the drinks menu will offer cocktails with a twist on the classics, and the restaurant menu, by Executive Chef Andrew Manson will feature seasonal produce with a variety of vegetarian and vegan plates.
Picture: Alanmorganphoto, CC BY-SA 4.0